The Seasonal Home is decked out in it’s Halloween best and this year, it’s a little S-P-O-O-K-Y!
In my previous post, I showed you an inexpensive fireplace idea. I was inspired by the Crow (on the mantel), so I spread a few more around the room, beginning with my french doors. I used a generous package of 15 die-cut paper Crows (check my store in the fall) and with a little double-sided tape, I used them to create the old design trick of bringing the outside in.
This would also be a fun idea to use in front door sidelights or window.
And below, in The Seasonal Home’s built-in cabinet, I purchased a few Dollar Tree crows and dressed them up, for Halloween,
in little witches hats…
If this look is too plain for you, consider what I tried next…
Inspired by this idea (I found on the net), I decided to add a background to THE SEASONAL HOME’s built-in cabinet.
Here’s how this look turned out –
And in the Living Room… some Fall and just a bit ‘o spooky –
THE SEASONAL HOME’s kitchen is ready for guests….
and the best part is…. I created a CANDY BAR this year! I thought this would be a fun treat for the adult guests, I’m entertaining this season, to once again enjoy a little (retro) Trick or Treating fun. I looked for the most inexpensive candies I could find (avoid a lot of chocolate to stay on budget) and used every jar I could find in my house and anyone elses (lol). I purchased one (1) package of “blank” Halloween labels at Michaels Craft Store for under $4 (with coupon), and using my computer – typed my label wording in a spooky font, lined things up and ran a test print. When I held the label up behind the piece of printer paper, I saw that my estimated font size was good & lined up perfectly, so I taped the label to the corner of my paper (using double-sided tape) and ran them through the printer, one at a time. Once I finished printing them all, I grabbed some twine from the garage, punched 2 holes in the top of each label, fed the twine through and knotted one end. Next, I pulled it tight around the neck of each jar, fed it through the 2nd hole, knotted it, cut off any excess and in no time, my jars were labeled for very little cost. Check out the finished product and help yourself! 🙂