Decorating the Front Door for Fall (using Planters)
Written by on Sunday, October 20th, 2013

After this year’s fabulous WELCOME FALL PICNIC was over, I re-used the decorations…

to help me decorate the front of The Seasonal Home for Fall, Halloween & Thanksgiving, especially the front door.

But, before I show you that, check out what else I re-used – and where.

The goat cart…

s_cart_full

…moved to the front yard,

s_front yard

and the Apple Basket and planters…

s_side table_below     s_wfp

to the front porch.

s_porch_side view_with bench

The rocker has changed too ~ I painted it a warmer color for the Fall

{of course, this doesn’t mean it won’t change right back for Christmas} 😉

But for now, it’s sporting one of Rust-oleum’s new Camouflage colors “Khaki”

P.S.  Can you spot me in any of the photos? LOL

s_porch_side view_chair & urns

s_front door

If the “BOO” I tucked inside the pumpkin wreath is not enough Halloween for you,

don’t forget to check out my easy tutorial: CANDY CORN GHOSTS

and add those to your urns too!

s_urn_candy corn ghost

Then, once Halloween is over, you can easily remove both…

creating a beautifully simple “Welcome” for your Thanksgiving guests to enjoy!

ENJOY THE CREATIVITY!

eileen_red

1. linda says:

Eileen,Love your wreath and candy corn…everthing looks great.

2. Diane P. says:

Eileen:

Love all your beautiful fall decorations! The colors of fall are awesome, aren’t they?
    I especially like the way we get so many uses from our fall decorations: fall, Halloween, then Thanksgiving!

3. Wanda says:

Eileen
    I just looove the candy corn in the planter with the fall leaves and pumpkins that is different! and I love to do my door like this next year keep your fantastic ideals coming!

4. Barbara says:

Yes, I did spot you, on the bottom of the door plate. I always look forward to your emails. Love all the beautiful decorations. You are so talented. Happy Fall!

5. Debra says:

You are so talented! Thanks for all the great ideas. I always pass your ideas along to my sister. She loves your ideas too.

6. Terrie says:

You have such a beautiful home and great ideas! I love being crafty and have made lots of things over the years for weddings and friends for holiday and seasonal decorating, but when you live in Florida it’s hard to get that warm, cozy feeling like you do up north. I decorate my inside with lots of fall color and centerpieces I have made, but having fall outdoors is a challenge! I love your ideas though!

I completely understand Terrie because I also live in Florida. If you add in enough Fall accents (corn stalks, straw bales or pine needles bales from garden centers, you can create a focal point design with some scarecrows or ghosts. When you have a beautiful design, for all to enjoy, no one will notice that everything around it is still green. (LOL) Then, turn the A/C down, fix your cup of cider & pretend! 😉

7. Mary says:

Oh Eileen, you are sooo creative, Everything is just Beautiful, !!!!!!!!

Mary

8. Donna Lendach says:

Your entry way is just lovely, Eileen! Thanks so much for sharing. Quick question; do the artificial pumpkins withstand rain and cooler temperatures well? I live in NC and am wondering how the artificial pumpkins would do overnight when our temps drop into the 40’s. Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Donna, here – pumpkins have to withstand heat & sun, so every so often, I do have to re-glue a pumpkin seam and repaint them (use Krylon spray paint – it adheres to ANYthing!) If you pick them up at 50% or more off and cannot repair them (should they need it), at least it’s not a HUGE loss. 😉 Thanks for your sweet comments too!